Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Confessions of a would-be trophy wife

My father and I went to see a concert together, and decided to grab something to eat before heading in. He went for the deli; I explained how it worked and headed off to get a salad (which I did eventually acquire, after an issue with my debit card and an attempt on my life by a ramakin of balsalmic). In my absence:

Deli man: ..and mustard and mayo?
Father: yes, please.
Deli man: and who was she? (waving in my general direction) Your wife?
(if I had been there, I would have been relatively uncomfortable at this point)
Father: er, my daughter.

Apparently this was followed by some sort of compliment, such as prompted my father to say, upon my return: "You should have gone to the deli. The guy thinks you're hot."

Definately an odd conversation...

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Katie said...

That. Is. Amazing.

And seriously, watch out for that Balsamic Ramakin. It'll getcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home